Top Fitness Expert Obi Obadike is named #6 Most Influential Fitness Expert on the web by Dr Oz’s ShareCare.com site and is officially named by them as one of the Top Ten Most Influential Fitness experts on the web. The official press release was featured on Yahoo News and other high media press sites. To view the official press release of this list please click at this link below.
The other notable mainstream health and wellness celebrities on this list is Dr Sanjay Gupta who was named #2, The CNN Chief Medical Correspondent and special correspondent for CBS. Jillian Michaels from NBC’s Biggest Loser, who was named #3, Bob Harper from NBC’s Biggest Loser was named #9. Obi states,” I am so humbled and flattered to be recognized by Dr Oz’s site as one of the Top Ten Most influential fitness experts on the web”. I work hard
Obi Obadike is named #6 Most Influential Fitness Expert On The Web by Dr Oz’s Sharecare.com site
The official press release is pasted below this:
January 15, 2014 13:20 ET
Sharecare Names Top 10 Fittest Cities in America
Company Also Reveals Web’s Most Influential Fitness Experts to Help Anyone, Anywhere Get in Shape
ATLANTA, GA–(Marketwired – January 15, 2014) – If you’re like most people, you’ve made a New Year’s resolution to get healthier in 2014, and that involves some form of exercise. While many will abandon their quest for self-improvement before January is over, Sharecare, the online health and wellness engagement platform founded by Dr. Mehmet Oz and Jeff Arnold, today identified the places where people stick to fitness regimens year-round, and announced the Top 10 Fittest Cities in America: Denver; San Francisco; San Diego; Boston; Sacramento, Calif.; Seattle; Portland, Ore.; Salt Lake City; Los Angeles; and Austin, Texas.
Getting in better shape doesn’t just improve your waistline — exercising can yield a cascade of positive outcomes, including healthier eating, reduced risk of heart disease and diabetes, lower stress and higher energy. Additionally, regularly engaging in some form of light to moderate exercise can actually help you live longer — up to 2.3 years for men and 2.8 for women.
To identify the fittest cities, Sharecare examined answers from approximately one million people who took the RealAge® Test, Sharecare’s scientifically based health risk assessment which determines the biological age of your body based on your health status, and good and bad health habits. This analysis also revealed the 10 cities where residents exercise the least: Knoxville, Tenn.; Nashville, Tenn.; Louisville, Ky.; Memphis, Tenn.; Greenville, S.C.; Oklahoma City; Columbus, Ohio; Greensboro, N.C.; Tampa, Fla.; and St. Louis.
Regardless of how fit your city is, many online resources that provide fitness inspiration and motivation are available, including www.sharecare.com/fitness, where you can find information about how to start a fitness plan. Additionally, Sharecare today released its curated list of the most influential fitness experts on the Web, the Top 10 Social HealthMakers on Fitness: Cassey Ho: A Pilates and fitness instructor, creator of POP Pilates and founder of Blogilates.com, Ho has been honored as one of YouTube’s Next Trainers, with her videos having received more than 13 million views.
- Cassey Ho: A Pilates and fitness instructor, creator of POP Pilates and founder of Blogilates.com, Ho has been honored as one of YouTube’s Next Trainers, with her videos having received more than 13 million views.
- Sanjay Gupta, MD: Best known as CNN’s chief medical correspondent and host of an award-winning show under his name, Dr. Gupta has written several best-selling books and is a special correspondent for CBS News’ 60 Minutes
- Jillian Michaels: A passionate coach on NBC’s The Biggest Loser, Michaels is also the best-selling author of Master Your Metabolism and Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life. She operates her own comprehensive online wellness program.
- Jessica Smith: A certified wellness coach and fitness lifestyle expert, Smith is the star of several exercise DVDs, including Shape magazine’s Flat Abs 5 Ways and the creator of 10 Pounds Down, a series designed to help people reach their goals ten pounds at a time.
- Sarah Klein: A health and fitness editor for The Huffington Post’s Healthy Living section where she covers industry news and contributes to the “Ask Healthy Living” column, Klein has also appeared on CNN, The Villager, Sports Illustrated Kids and more.
- Obi Obadike: Fitness model and TV personality Obadike writes for Bodybuilding.com, contributes to fitness magazines and created the online personal training business Perfect Anatomy.
- Chris Freytag: A nationally recognized health and wellness expert with more than 20 years of experience, Freytag serves as chairman of the board of the American Council on Exercise (ACE). She is a certified group fitness instructor, personal trainer and weight management coach and a published author and speaker.
- Kathryn Budig: Having trained and taught yoga in Los Angeles for eight years, Budig now teaches classes around the world. She also writes the “Challenge Pose” blog on Yoga Journal.com and is a contributing writer for MindBodyGreen.com and Women’s Health magazine.
- Bob Harper: One of the nation’s most in-demand fitness specialists and a coach on NBC’s The Biggest Loser, Harper has authored his own fitness books and DVD series.
- Jenna Autuori-Dedic: The fitness editor of Fitness magazine, where she provides news and advice on nutrition and exercise, Autuori-Dedic has also worked at Shape magazine, Cosmopolitan and Women’s Wear Daily.
For more information about Sharecare’s Top 10 Social HealthMakers on Fitness, go to www.sharecare.com/shm-fitness. To find out your body’s true age, join Sharecare — membership is free — and take the RealAge Test at www.sharecare.com/realagetest.
Methodology: Sharecare Social HealthMakers are among the most influential people in health and wellness on the web, driving conversations on the leading edge of many health topics. They address a wide range of issues within specific topic areas while demonstrating consistent impact across multiple interactive channels — such as Twitter, Facebook, videos and blogs. This impact is measured through a proprietary algorithm based on more than 100 individual metrics developed and powered by WCG, the leading digital marketing and communications agency, quantifying topic relevance, syndication, presence and reach. Earlier Sharecare lists have identified Social HealthMakers in mental health, diabetes, nutrition, weight loss, heart disease and more.
About Sharecare Sharecare is a health and wellness engagement platform that helps people to live healthier lives by connecting them to personalized resources including high-quality information from experts, clinical decision support tools, interactive programs and local healthcare providers. The power behind the site is its scientifically-based health risk assessment, the RealAge® Test, taken by more than 33 million people, and a unique, social Q&A format that provides the collective wisdom of America’s top experts — greatly simplifying the search for health information. Created by Jeff Arnold and Dr. Mehmet Oz in partnership with Harpo Productions, Sony Pictures Television and Discovery Communications, Sharecare allows people to ask, learn and act upon questions of health and wellness, creating an active community where knowledge is shared and put into practice — simply said, sharing care. Launched in 2010, Sharecare is based in Atlanta.
Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook Connect with us on LinkedIn Read the Sharecare Blog